Thursday, April 23, 2009

My love for Coleus...

I just love Coleus. It is so hardy with our climate and as long as I keep the soil drenched on our hot California days, it grows like crazy. So many different varieties with amazing colors. I am going to have to look into the perennial varieties out there, was told they can be found online or special order. I may stop on over at Etsy to see if I can find them.

Also, want to throw in one of my favorite getaways...just 7 minutes from my house, off on the way to Lake Berryessa... Morning Sun Herb Farm. You can find them here...www.morningsunherbfarm.com. You will pay a slight bit more, but they are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They even have fun gardening classes and teach you how to create things from your garden. I buy all of my veggies there, though I have decided against the veggies this year due to an that an illness in the family keeps me away at times. I will come home to find rotten tomatoes all over the place and tomato vines that have gotten out of control. So, this year, I went with strawberries in place of my veggie garden. Especially because we spend about $10 a week on a flat of them, the kids pop them like candy!

1 comment:

S. Smith said...

We eats lots of strawberries too!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
My photo
www.patinadecorativefinishes.com I've been a decorative painter since 2004 and became a licensed CA contractor in 2008. I enjoy re-purposing and re-using...it's great for the environment AND my house! My blog is an extension of my business, Patina Decorative Finishes.