Wednesday, April 22, 2009


Wow...these are the most fragrant roses. They were one good thing that came with our house. I will say that all thanks for the way this looks goes to my friend and complete garden guru, Tammy, for giving me the courage to hack them back to nothing. Actually, that's not fully true, I really couldn't do it and had to hand over the shears to her. I wanted to cry for a few weeks. I had never taken them back so far, but if you saw Tammy's yard, you would trust her, too . Some Bayer 2-in-1 Systemic Rose & Flower Care...best $8.00 I ever spent on my yard! I also mixed a little bone meal into the base of each of my roses to give the roots a little extra calcium! They have NEVER looked better.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
My photo
www.patinadecorativefinishes.com I've been a decorative painter since 2004 and became a licensed CA contractor in 2008. I enjoy re-purposing and re-using...it's great for the environment AND my house! My blog is an extension of my business, Patina Decorative Finishes.