Saturday, April 25, 2009




A few weeks ago, I purchased this Lavender Queen Rhododendron. I have a friend who has a plethora of Rhododendrons in her back yard, sitting in the shade and they are to die for. I've never had them before, but after seeing hers blooming, I had to get some. The dark green foliage looks like broken in leather! I love purple flowers, there was a year where my entire front yard was purples and I realized how boring that was. So, I stepped out with different colors and didn't buy a single purple flower for a few years! This was my first venture back, with the exception of the bearded irises! I cannot wait until this blooms, I'm watching it mature and I think this photo of the new budding below is so sweet!


1 comment:

S. Smith said...

Growing up we had several Rhoddies in our yard and yes they are beauties.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
My photo
www.patinadecorativefinishes.com I've been a decorative painter since 2004 and became a licensed CA contractor in 2008. I enjoy re-purposing and re-using...it's great for the environment AND my house! My blog is an extension of my business, Patina Decorative Finishes.