Saturday, April 25, 2009

Last spring, I saw a notice in the paper about an Iris farm not too far from my house. I took a drive out to Pleasants Valley Iris Farm out in the middle of the country. It was breathtaking and run solely by a family. For about a month in the spring, they open up the farm and show off the MANY varieties of bearded irises. I chose my favorite ones and bought the yearling plants for sale in the greenhouse. This is my Midnight Caller in it's first bloom for me.

You can more information about them at www.irisfarmer.com













My Cabana rose that has mutated and produces both variegated and crimson colored roses.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
My photo
www.patinadecorativefinishes.com I've been a decorative painter since 2004 and became a licensed CA contractor in 2008. I enjoy re-purposing and re-using...it's great for the environment AND my house! My blog is an extension of my business, Patina Decorative Finishes.