Sunday, February 27, 2011

my black stairs!

Wow, it only took me three months to come back
this time. The stairs were finished long ago.
I did them all by my self, Cut, sanded, stained (with
the new Minwax Polyshades in Classic Black).
It has a stain and polyurethane built into one.
The unfinished red oak stair treads were purchased
at Lowe's. The entire project took me about 22 hours,
between cutting, sanding, staining, and installing.
Cost was just over $400 and they turned out
exactly how I imagined them in my head.
I LOVE when that happens!

They are SO durable. Three kids,
two adults, and two dogs,
up and down. Not so much as even a nick or\
scratch yet! The challenge was the landing.
I had to buy a 4x8 piece of white oak
in 3/8 inch thickness.

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good job!

Kate said...

Absolutely beautiful! Way to go.

Kim said...

Love the picture! And the stairs! We recently ripped the carpet off our stairs too. Best decision ever. We had them redone and then put a beachy cotton runner on them. Such an improvement! Your black stairs are killer, though!

Farmgirl Paints said...

those are AWESOME!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
My photo
www.patinadecorativefinishes.com I've been a decorative painter since 2004 and became a licensed CA contractor in 2008. I enjoy re-purposing and re-using...it's great for the environment AND my house! My blog is an extension of my business, Patina Decorative Finishes.