Thursday, September 30, 2010

I've got the magic in me...


So, my Facebook status this week is:
"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses!"

This, gardening people, is my magic:

Garden magic will cost you:

$2000 a day for an 1800 mL bag
1 sick kid that relies on it for IV nutrition
nights without sleep
playing nurse and doctor with neither degree
a very foul odor in 104 degree sunshine

but, I've been pouring her leftovers every day on everything.
Another mom swears her tomatoes are...get this, prolific,
because she pours leftover TPN on them.

I questioned our home pharmacy about using
TPN in the garden. I was warned not to DARE using
it on houseplants for the foul odor that will emanate throughout!

THAT is making something good out of something horrible.

My garden looks terrible unattended for 4 weeks.
Bugs, critters, sun damage, heat damage, blah.
This is the best photo of my salvia I could manage today:


My first California Flea Market find:
a good heavy, antique milk bucket...
added "ROSEMARY" AND rosemary to it.

The smell overtook the house for a day.
We've either grown accustomed to it or
day two of cutting isn't as intense.




1 comment:

Katie said...

Love the title, love the quote. Thinking of you and yours.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
My photo
www.patinadecorativefinishes.com I've been a decorative painter since 2004 and became a licensed CA contractor in 2008. I enjoy re-purposing and re-using...it's great for the environment AND my house! My blog is an extension of my business, Patina Decorative Finishes.