Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Some annuals in one of my favorite pots. I've never been a big fan of annuals, but I do love the color. I'm trying to expand my horizons, but when buying plants, I always lean towards perennials. I've been eyeing some rare perennials on Etsy that are sent bare root, I may have to jump.

I love coleus, all varieties, but this one is by far my favorite for the way it spreads. Living in Northern California, I've actually had one species, Coleus Blumei, grow as a perennial for two years...I guess our winter was mild enough for it. I am going to start this variety from seed next year because I love the way it looks in pots.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
My photo
www.patinadecorativefinishes.com I've been a decorative painter since 2004 and became a licensed CA contractor in 2008. I enjoy re-purposing and re-using...it's great for the environment AND my house! My blog is an extension of my business, Patina Decorative Finishes.